Posted by: Jenny Mears, Community Engagement Coordinator
(Originally posted in Woodland Park Zoo's Backyard Habitat blog.)
There are many ways you can celebrate Earth Day in your own backyard and in your community!
- Sign up for Water Features for Wildlife class on April 29 at Woodland Park Zoo: http://www.zoo.org/educate/adult/workshops.html
- Check out Savvy Gardener classes and a feature story on welcoming wildlife into your garden: http://www.savingwater.org/savvygardener/default.htm
- Sign up for a habitat restoration event with EarthCorps this weekend: http://www.earthcorps.org/volunteer.php
- Challenge yourself to some of the easy actions on the zoo's tip list for protecting endangered species and habitats: http://www.zoo.org/conservation/help.html
- Share how you're spending this Earth Day, Week and Month: Feel free to post your plans in the comments section and share links for your favorite eco-projects.
Together, we can share the habitat!